Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Things

I probably posted these Nativity scenes before, but it is Christmas again, and they are still my favorite decorations. We have a small collection of them beginning with the one below. It was a gift to Jay from one of his customers whom he helped. I have two pop-up Nativity books like the one below.
This one is my favorite because my children created it with my Wasband, Granger, when we lived in the state of Misery (some people call it Missouri). I love the little wooden horse leaning against the back, Kimber's horses in the coral, and Baby Jesus in the manger/basket.

I love making aprons, and this is the latest creation for Jay's daughter, Rachel, who lives in Hawaii. I like how it portrays the erupting mountains and vividly colored flowers.

And then, there is Family! MamaPajama arrived at the airport in Lewiston yesterday after a long day of flying and layover in Seattle before touching down.
She is resting today after such an arduous beginning to our celebration of Christmas this week.

I am so grateful she shares our values for what this holiday means. And I'm grateful for the fact that she is so spry at the age of 87 that she can still travel to share this holiday with us.





4 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I just love all your nativities! Very neat. The first one was probably my favorite.

You and your mama look so much lik each other.

Oh, I do hope you have a blessed, peaceful Christmas this year!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a blessing to have your mom there with you for Christmas.

Love the nativities. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

Connie said...

Wow, that first nativity is beautiful!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas....so glad your mother could join you.
Time to hit that stack of garden catalogs, can't wait!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Lovely nativity sets. Thank you so much for sharing.

May you have a blessed New Year!